Sunday, January 27, 2008

Week 3, Thing 5--Flickr

Flickr is amazing. I've been toying with it for years, but with these 2.0 activities, I have a direction and reason to explore the many tools and features. That's why we're doing this, n'est ce pas? I love: linking flickr to my blog; the tagging feature, both to set tags and search by tag; montager; 1001--especially for photos posted by flickr-happy friends. Mappr looks interesting, but will take awhile to actually figure out--maybe it's just me, and the late hour when I was playing with it. But, a cautionary note: there's a lot of commentary on flickr photos aimed at an older audience, not to mention questionable content. When considering using flickr in school (k-6), I get mental images of picking my way through slushy streets wearing new shoes.

No comments: